Evening date should be exciting, whether it’s your first, or one hundredth. There’s just something to be said for having dedicated time set aside between you and that someone special. Whatever you’re doing, you’ll want to look fabulous.
The theme of the night may be simple: meeting in the park for an ice cream cone and a walk under the stars. It could be a little more extravagant: dinner at that corner restaurant you’ve always wanted to try but thought was too fancy, then an exhibition opening at the exclusive art gallery down the street.
Regardless of what you and your date are doing (we don’t want details!), you’ll want to be looking and feeling your best for the occasion.
There’s a ton of date night advice out there, so we’ve simplified things for you. Above all else, these are the top three tips you’ll want to follow to look fabulous for your special summer evening night out.
Get Perfect Smooth Legs
Everybody wants the sexiest, smoothest, silkiest summer legs out there. You’re not going to manage that without putting a little bit of thought into the process. Having touch-worthy legs isn’t difficult, but it does require some attention to detail.
- Exfoliate. Use a good, gentle scrub and exfoliating gloves to clear the way for a smooth canvas. The texture of the gloves will help to boost your circulation and get your energy revving. Exfoliating removes dead skin cells from your skin, which will allow for a closer shave. While you’re at it, gently scrub your entire body. Don’t forget your hands and feet! You’ll want your hands to be holdable, and your feet to be sexy in those strappy sandals.
- Apply a moisturizing shave cream. Pure Romance’s Coochy provides conditioning softness. Apply a quarter size amount to legs and let them sit for a minute or two while the shave cream softens the hair and relaxes the follicle. Select a fresh, new razor and work your way up from the ankle to the thigh in smooth, long strokes.
- Smooth on after-shower moisturizing oil. After stepping out of the shower, particularly after shaving, you have a small window of opportunity to apply moisturizer so that it is most effective: within 3 minutes of turning the water off. A light oil will be most readily absorbed into your skin. Rub the oil into your skin and either pat dry or air dry; don’t vigorously rub yourself dry.
Pay Attention to Your Skin
Just because it’s summer doesn’t mean you should skimp on your pre-date skincare routine. Take a few extra minutes to pamper your skin, and you’ll be positively radiant for your steamy summer evening.
- Cleanse your face well using a gentle cleanser.
- Use a charcoal mask to help create the appearance of glowing skin. A clay mask will help to draw out built-up dirt, pollution, and impurities.
- Immediately hydrate your skin with a water-based moisturizer to keep it soft and protected.
- Apply primer. A skin-benefiting makeup primer can enhance the appearance of your complexion and make your date night makeup last longer.
- Blend a light BB cream to even out skin tone. Summer nights out aren’t the place for heavy foundation.Top it off with a translucent powder to control shine.
- Fake it ‘till you make it. Highlighter can work wonders to give the appearance of glowing skin and can be applied with or without other makeup.
Pick the Perfect Outfit
For your summer date night, you’ll want to be sure you’re comfortable, wherever you’re likely to end up. There’s no sense in sacrificing style for comfort, though. There are plenty of style options out there that can handle both jobs! The key is in finding something that will look good on you without contributing to your already anxious date-night nerves.
For an evening out, you want to wear something that’s classy, yet still has a hint of your own sassiness. An outfit that is versatile can handle anything that’s thrown at it. Soft and flirty shift dresses look classy, yet are still fun enough for a surprise stop at the jazz club. Sometimes summer weather can be unpredictable: hot as Hades during the day, then dipping into the low 60’s at night. These dresses are cut to be cool, bearing your arms and shoulders, but if you get chilled, they look just as good with a cute sweater tossed over top. Opt for fun, flouncy colors and patterns over classic black. Keep it light and fun.
Your shoes need to fit the fun-yet-functional description, too. A pair of nude wedges will do the trick with just about any outfit or color. A wedge will still provide the lift of the heel, showing off your sexy-as-hell calves, but will provide you with more stability and comfort.