If you’re in your 20s and you think it’s too early to be thinking about adopting a thoughtful skin care regimen, you’re wrong — taking care of your skin can never begin too early, and the earlier you start, the better and healthier your skin will be in the years to come. Skin care for millennials involves what, exactly, if there are no issues to treat? In the following paragraphs, we’ll outline just what happens to your skin as you age, and how you can best prep for the process.
A Technology That Boosts Beauty
MDSUN skin care was developed by Dr. George Sun, a renowned cosmetic surgeon in southern California. Dr. Sun, originally a biochemistry student before starting medical school, believes in both the power of science and the importance of gentle and universally effective skin care. His cosmeceutical skin care products are specially formulated without artificial or harsh ingredients such as parabens, perfumes and synthetic preservatives. They are appropriate for all skin types, and can be used before or after undergoing cosmetic procedures.
Using his trademark Ultrapack technology, Dr. Sun has developed a line of skin care products that are revolutionizing the industry. MDSUN describes the technology as “synergistic, highly-concentrated formulations of clinical-grade ingredients that promote dramatic results over time – without irritation, peeling, redness, or other common adverse effects.”
Preventative Skin Care
Good skin care begins with a solid regimen that includes cleanser, toner, serum, moisturizer, and SPF. Why these products? Because each targets an aspect that will prevent or dramatically reduce the fine lines, hyperpigmentation, blotchiness, dryness, lack of elasticity, and general dullness that comes with age. Luckily, if you begin now, you’ll have a head start on minimizing all of these issues and will see much less fallout when you’re, say, 40. It’s never too early to start taking preventative measures to reduce the telltale signs of aging before they start. Here are a few tips to get you started on building an effective regimen:
- Know Your Skin Type– Is it dry, combination, normal, or oily? If it is sensitive, harsh cleansers and astringent toners and creams won’t work, and will only make matters worse. It is important to tailor your skin care routine to fit your skin perfectly. The MDSUN skin care line is customizable, so you can pick and choose the combination of products that are right for you. The line’s gentle but effective formula makes this process easy— all you need to know is what you want to target and prevent.
- Know your problem areas– Are you seeing signs of premature aging, such as mild hyperpigmentation and fine lines around the eyes, forehead and mouth? Familiarize yourself with which ingredients target which issues. For example, vitamin C is a natural skin brightener and evens out skin tone with continued use. If you’re beginning to see signs of blotchiness or uneven tone, follow your cleansing and toning with a vitamin C serum.
- Consult an expert– A visit to your local dermatologist — or to mdsun.com — will help you determine the best place to start in terms of building an effective skin care routine. Are you wanting to prevent fine lines or photoaging, or are you already seeing those signs on your face? Determine whether you are preventing or treating. Then choose products that will help you to do those things.
The Effects of Aging
With age, we naturally lose collagen, which keeps skin firm and supple, so aging skin begins to droop and sag, and fine lines and wrinkles appear. One too many sunburns when young can lead to blotchiness and redness, which no amount of tinted moisturizer will cover up. As rigorous and cautionary as this may sound, start out with good habits and you’ll end up with good skin — do the opposite, and you’ll only accelerate your skin’s signs of aging. It is never too early to develop good habits. These include eating a balanced diet, drinking plenty of water (eight glasses per day, eight ounces each, is the recommended amount), getting a good night’s rest (which can be elusive when out all night or working late) and exercising regularly. Also start using targeted products to prevent and treat the early signs of aging. Here are some of the active ingredients in the MDSUN skin care line:
- Vitamin C- brightens and evens out skin tone
- Peptides– penetrate the outer layer of skin, sending messages to the skin cells that are responsible for collagen production
- Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Acids- natural exfoliants, AHAs and BHAs help with cell turnover and are useful in the treatment of mild to moderate acne
These are only a few of the ingredients that are in MDSUN Ultrapacks. The line includes cleansers, toners, masks, eye creams, sun care, and intensive treatments formulated for more mature or sensitive skin. With the power of science and carefully formulated Ultrapack technology, MDSUN delivers potent and powerful results that will keep your skin looking and feeling its best for years to come.